We help patients get home faster, feeling better, with greater function.
RiverSpring Rehabilitation specializes in short-term inpatient rehabilitation for a wide variety of major health conditions like heart attack, stroke, and total joint replacement.
Every patient is different. Every recovery is different. With our extensive experience in rehabilitation and long-term care, we’ve seen thousands of patients. Our program gives patients of any age or medical status access to the experience and expertise of our dedicated physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, dieticians and social workers, who are specifically trained in individualized care management.
Interdisciplinary program of therapies, customized for each patient across:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- 24-hour on-site physician services, and 7-day therapy
- Up to 2-3 hours of therapy provided to patients each day
- Wound and respiratory care
- Peritoneal dialysis, intravenous therapy, and on-site specialty clinics
- Pain management
- Post-surgical recovery and rehabilitation
Amenities & Community
We specialize in a variety of different diagnoses and services, and accept patients from all major medical centers and community hospitals in the tri-state area. Below is a sample of the kind of situations we can assist with:
- Cardiac conditions (CHF, post-surgery)
- Cerebral vascular accident (stroke) and other neurological conditions
- Orthopedic conditions (post fractures, hip replacements, knee replacements, spinal surgery)
- Parkinson disease and movement disorders
- Decubitus ulcers and other complex wounds
- Complex infections requiring intravenous medications
- Pain management
- Post amputation including prosthetic fitting and training
- Respiratory conditions
- Specialized swallowing therapy
- Breath for life pulmonary program – pulmonologist on-site each week
- Cancer care
- Palliative care
- Peritoneal dialysis provided on-site
- LVAD: Left Ventricular Assistive Device post-implantation rehab
- Dedicated concierge service
Meet Our Team
Vice President, Rehabilitation
"In rehabilitation, we help our residents live forward by taking the best out of yesterday, and applying it to today to make a better tomorrow."
Customer Service Supervisor
"We want our patients to feel instantly comfortable and know that our staff is here to help them."
"It's all about having a strong, emotional connection with our patients. We care about each and every experience."
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What can I expect with my stay?
The post-acute care units at the Hebrew Home at Riverdale provide exceptional care for both adults and geriatric patients. No matter if you are recovering from a fracture, surgery, cardiac event or prolonged hospitalization , our interdisciplinary team will assist you through the recovery process. By providing high quality, compassionate and individualized care we will work with you through the stages of recovery in order to have you return to the highest level of function. This will include comprehensive assessments and meetings with our care team starting on the day of admission. Based on this information, your road map for recovery including medical intervention, therapy, nursing and dietary needs will be established. As your recovery occurs, we will work with you to adjust your plan of care to achieve a superior outcome.
+ How much therapy will I receive?
Upon admission a comprehensive evaluation of your needs will be completed by the interdisciplinary team. Based upon the findings, an individualized plan of care will be established to meet your needs. This may include therapy up to 7 days a week, with an intensity of up to two to three hours of therapy a day depending upon your medical condition.
+ How long will I be here?
Unfortunately, there is no answer that applies to all patients. It will depend on the nature of your injury/illness, medical needs and support system at home. What we can tell you is that we work diligently with you to maximize your recovery and ensure a smooth transition home. Our expert team of physicians, nurses, therapists, dieticians and social workers will provide the services, education and reassurance to offer you the best option for a successful recovery.