We focus on making daily life easier, so our residents can focus on living a full - and fully independent - life.
RiverWalk, Jenny and John Paulson Residences, is a premier, independent living community overlooking the Hudson River; we offer luxury, residential-style living with concierge services, cultural activities, meals, laundry, and housekeeping services. It’s a vibrant environment where residents can attend a college lecture, enjoy live entertainment, exercise in a state-of-the-art fitness center, participate in yoga or tai chi, and so much more.
- Modern full bathrooms with easy access to showers
- Emergency call system
- Full-sized, fully equipped kitchen
- Spacious closets
- Wall to wall carpeting
Amenities and Community
Entertainment and Programming
- 22-seat movie theatre with screenings
- Cultural trips
- Live entertainment and music
- Art classes
- Horticulture and gardening
- Religious programming
- RiverWalk University courses, lectures, and current events classes
- Derfner Judaica Museum and expansive art collection on the main campus
- Internet café
On-site Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
Safety and Medical access
- Gated community
- 24-hour on-site security
- Priority access to RiverSpring Health's entire continuum of care and extended care options, nearby on campus
- Emergency call system on campus
Vibrant Independent living community with concierge service
Delicious dining options
- Restaurant service kosher meals in our elegant dining room overlooking the Hudson
- Café-style meals and outdoor dining areas
- Garden market for casual meals
- Daily trash removal and bed-making
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
- Scheduled transportation
- Convenient to downtown Riverdale
Wellness and Fitness
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, strength training, cardio, and belly dance classes for fitness
- Aquatic therapy pool
- Garden/Patio area with putting green
- 32-Acre campus for scenic strolls
Meet Our Team
"We don't have a staff, we have a family. It's made up of the residents and employees, and each day, I am proud to say I am a part of that."
"It's not easy, moving from your home of 40 years. When I help each prospective resident get past that thought and realize RiverWalk is their new home, I know I've helped them to live a more independent, stimulating life."
Building Services Supervisor
"When new residents come to RiverWalk, they worry about who will help them hang pictures, change the light bulb, or reach the top shelf. Many of them say having me around makes them feel more secure. It warms my heart."
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What are senior apartment communities?
RiverWalk is a senior apartment community designed especially for adults 65 and over. They offer residential style living with a focus on hospitality services to make life easier.
+ What is the advantage of RiverWalk affiliation with The Hebrew Home at Riverdale?
RiverWalk is affiliated with the nationally acclaimed, not-for-profit Hebrew Home at Riverdale. Residents receive access to the Home’s entire system of healthcare and extended care options, if ever needed.
+ How much is it to live at RiverWalk?
The all-inclusive monthly fee range is between at $3,700-$6,000 per month depending on size, view, and location of the apartment. This fee includes rent, 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner), housekeeping, laundry and linen service, utilities (except telephone and TV), on site activities and scheduled transportation.
+ Will RiverWalk provide personal care services to residents?
Personal assistance and health care services are available through our affiliate home health care agency, ElderServe Licensed Home Care Agency, or any licensed agency of residents choosing.
+ Is transportation available at RiverWalk?
Yes, RiverWalk has accessible resident vans that provide local scheduled transportation to beauty parlors, banking, post office, shopping, appointments, etc. within the Riverdale area.
+ Will guests be permitted?
Yes. Residents may bring guests to their apartments and may invite them to dine with them in the dining room. Seating is limited. Advance reservations are requested.
+ How do I qualify to live at RiverWalk?
All residents are required to be 65 or over and complete a financial review prior to being accepted for occupancy.