Senior Apartments (1-800-567-3646)
5961 Palisade Avenue
Riverdale, New York 10471
RiverWalk offers an unparalleled opportunity for a stimulating lifestyle.
Overlooking the Hudson River, RiverWalk blends the perfect combination of spacious senior apartments, daily activities, hospitality services, on-site amenities and safety and security to provide senior independent living ideally suited to each individual's needs and tastes. Offering supportive services, a caring professional staff is always available to help make life easier. In these gracious, intimate settings, friendships form easily and holidays become a time of shared celebration.
For those who love the country, RiverWalk is the perfect blend of country and city life located on the stunning 32-acre campus of the Hebrew Home and readily convenient to downtown Riverdale. RiverWalk offers 134 private senior apartments with attractive one and two bedroom layouts, spectacular views, full kitchens, elegant dining rooms and a full complement of amenities like concierge, laundry and housekeeping services.
A full program of social activities are always available through a wide range of recreational, cultural and educational classes and programs as well as numerous day trips to movies, theatre, ballet, museums and other places of interest to experience independent senior living at its fullest and finest.
Daily Recreational Activities include:
- Continuing Education Classes: RiverWalk offers college courses where lifelong learning brings our residents knowledge and new experiences.
- Wellness and Fitness: Yoga, Tai- Chi, Core Stretch, Alexander Technique and balance and movement classes are offered throughout each month. In addition, RiverWalk has a fully equipped fitness center.
- Programming: Live Entertainment, Religious Programming, Current Event Classes, Horticulture, Art Classes, Derfner Judaica Museum located on the main campus offering lectures and programs.
Delicious dining options range from kosher restaurant service in a beautiful dining room to cafe-style alternatives, as well as casual at-home cooking in the senior apartments.
And because RiverWalk is affiliated with the world-renowned not-for-profit Hebrew Home at Riverdale, residents receive priority access to the Home's entire continuum of health care and extended care options, if ever needed -- giving residents a sense of security and peace of mind.
The community's beautiful grounds provide residents with plentiful opportunities for nature walks, peaceful reflection and outdoor entertainment. An extensive art collection on the campus and a full cultural calendar also provide stimulating recreation.
On-site amenities at RiverWalk include:
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Internet Café
- Garden Mini-Market
- Community Room with large screen TV
- Maurice R. Greenberg Wellness Center
- Full-service kosher dining room
- Private Dining Room
- Garden/Patio area with putting green
- Aquatic Therapy Pool
Each apartment includes:
- Full-sized, fully equipped kitchen
- Spacious closets
- Individual climate controls
- 24-hour security
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Modern full bathrooms with easy access showers
- Emergency Call System
Also included in the monthly rent:
- All utilities
- Delicious kosher meals daily (breakfast and dinner)
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen service
- Professionally designed activities and fitness programs
- Scheduled local transportation
- Access to the Hebrew Home's entire system of healthcare and extended care options
Please call 1-800-567-3646 for a complimentary session and full clinical assessment or learn more about our Access to Care.