The Home's Therapeutic Activities program offers opportunities for personal growth, satisfaction and expression through physical, cognitive, psychosocial and emotional stimulation. An extensive variety of programs, holiday celebrations and special events are offered throughout the year.
Continuing Education Program
- Introduction to the Personal Computer: The course reviews the components of the computer, the functions of the software and the use of the keyboard and mouse. Students will learn how to use the Internet for correspondence and information. In addition to classes, the Center is open for individual use.
- The Esther & MorrisBiedermanLibrary & ResourceCenter: Houses a collection reading material for personal enjoyment and study and includes a sizable number of books in large print.
- The HebrewHomeUniversity: A series of 8 week Politics and Creative Writing courses taught onsite by professors on staff at SarahLawrenceCollege.
- Bible Study: Study of the Old Testament for individuals as a personal religious or spiritual practice.
- Let's Talk About Art: Opportunities to view and learn about objects and artwork that are containedin the Home's DerfnerJudaicaMuseumcollection.
- Jewish Film and Discussion: A variety of Yiddish films and movies on Jewish life dating from the1930's to the present will be viewed and discussed.
- Art Studio Classes: Learn a variety of techniques for creative expression and personal growth in painting, ceramics, crafts, tiling, beading copper enameling, knitting & crocheting and art history classes taught by professionals in their field.
- Opera: This program offers exposure to the unique art form of opera by watching and reviewing performances projected onto a large screen.
- Horticulture: Learn how to cultivate plants and make floral decorations by an on staff master gardener and horticulture therapist.
- Meditation: Through guided imagery learn how to attain an internal state of relaxed awareness.